Charities and NPOs
In light of several cases where charity/non-profit/not-for-profit organisations were not displaying adequate integrity and community spirit, the importance of corporate governance and controls in these sectors has heightened over the recent years.
The Charity Council has established a Code of Governance (‘the Code’) in November 2007 for charities and Institute of Public Character (‘IPC’) to adhere to.
In 2011, the Accounting Standards Council issued the Charities Accounting Standard, which is tailored to meet the needs of the charity sector. These initiatives are targeted at improving organisational effectiveness while maintaining accountability and transparency with the view of enhancing public confidence. The growing emphasis is on the respective gatekeepers, management and stakeholders to establish and maintain a robust system of ethics, integrity and expertise in executing their duties.
How We Can Help
In response to the increasing emphasis on good corporate governance and controls at charities/non-profit/not-for-profit organisations, we at CLA Global TS have established a qualified and professional team to assist you in reviewing and strengthening your internal policies and procedures to comply with the necessary requirements. With more than 10 years’ of experience and knowledge in accounting, assurance, advisory and compliance-related services, we are confident that we can provide you with the necessary solutions.
Services We Offer:
- Internal Audit Review
- Risk Assessment / Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Corporate Governance Review
- Review and Establishment of Internal Controls, including documentation
Our clientele of charities/ non-profit / not-for-profit organisations include:
- A not-for-profit organisation that promotes business activities and networking
- A not-for-profit organisation that is directed towards raising the standard and quality of legal practice in Singapore
- Two prominent churches in Singapore
- A community service agency in western Singapore to help solve social problems
- A local body to develop girls and young women into responsible citizens
- A charitable body in eastern Singapore to help disadvantaged children and youth
- A medical college to promote development of traditional Chinese medicine